The Jonnycake Center of Westerly seeks a dynamic and creative Social Media Intern to join our team in Westerly!
Description of work to be performed:
- Photograph products from our Thrift Store and create online posts (Facebook, Instagram, email blasts).
- Use flat lay style or other trendy styles to help capture our products in an eye-catching and appealing manner for social media posts.
- Photograph events featuring staff, volunteers, and community members who took part.
- Use Canva to add text and graphics to create daily posts to advertise the Thrift Store specials.
- Use the Jonnycake Center of Westerly’s existing templates as part of the branding for Facebook posts.
- Use other apps for Facebook or Instagram to help promote or inform our audience.
- Check out our Facebook (facebook.com/JonnycakeCenterWesterly), Instagram (instagram.com/thejonnycakecenter), and Twitter (twitter.com/JonnycakeCenter) pages to learn about what we do and become one of our loyal followers.
- Write funny and engaging posts on a variety of related topics (see our FB page) targeting the Jonnycake Center of Westerly’s Facebook demographic.
- Use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation at all times.
- Adept at writing to target audiences.
- Work closely with staff in capturing community events and showcasing our work with business partners, etc. to share through email or social media channels.
- Provide insight and feedback on how the Jonnycake Center of Westerly can improve processes, engagement or overall business.
- Other duties as assigned.
We love to have fun and we’re confident you’ll be part of the fun when you’re on our team! We offer a flexible schedule, a collaborative team environment, and discounts for all our volunteers!
If you’re interested in being an intern on our team, contact us today. Please send a résumé and short letter of interest to:
Social Media and Marketing Manager
(401) 377-8069 x116.
Jonnycake Center of Westerly
23 Industrial Drive
Westerly, RI 02891