The Jonnycake Center of Westerly seeks a full time Social Services Program Director to work in coordination with other members of our Leadership Team to deliver the programs and services offered by the Jonnycake Center of Westerly.
Job Title: Social Services Program Director
Responsible to: Executive Director
The Program Director, part of the senior management team and reporting to the Executive Director, oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of ongoing social services programs, including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities.
Primary Job Functions:
- Ensuring the delivery of each program and its activities in accordance with funding guidelines and the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new initiatives as well as long-term goals and objectives to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Working with the Director of Development to create a framework for program evaluation and reporting- assessing the strengths of programs and identifying areas for improvement.
- Maintaining a monthly budget for community financial aid requests.
- Completing monthly agency reports- both internal and external.
- Representing the Center as a member of various committees and workgroups.
- Hiring, training, and managing a small but well-qualified program staff.
Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, is also important. Some driving to offsite meetings is also required.
The Jonnycake Center is a dynamic and fast paced work environment. The position requires someone who is positive, energetic, organized, has good attention to detail, good people skills, a calm demeanor in stressful situations, able to go with the flow, willing to collaborate and has a team approach.
- While preforming duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear.
- Standing, walking, and sitting are all requirements of the position.
- Occasionally the individual may be required to lift and/or move more than 10 lbs.
Candidates should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field, experience in Human/Social Services, and a history of managing others.
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Anticipated start date:
July 2nd, 2018
Please email resume to Betsy Thoman, HR Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org. References should be made available upon request. No phone calls please.
The Jonnycake Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.