The Jonnycake Center of Westerly seeks a full time Multi-Media Marketing Professional to work in coordination with other members of our Leadership Team to deliver the Center’s message to the general public.
Job Title: Social Media and Marketing Manager
Responsible to: Executive Director
The Social Media and Marketing Manager, part of the senior management team and reporting to the Executive Director, will have experience with graphic design, marketing, branding, and various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest, etc. Experience with Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator are a plus! Experience with web marketing, SEO, etc. are a plus! Additionally, someone with retail marketing would be great!
The candidate should have the ability to work independently but also be able to work collaboratively with a team of people on a daily basis. This is a growing and dynamic organization and no day is ever the same – so the individual that we choose will have to be flexible and adaptable and also have the ability to think outside the box.
The ideal candidate will be able to artfully marry the diverse pieces of our program (food pantry, social services, community garden, and social enterprise thrift store) into a cohesive message to the general public. Additionally, some evening and weekend hours are required for Center events (approx. 10-12 per year).
Primary Job Functions:
- Develop Social Media content, including but not limited to, photography of Thrift Store items and creation of sale posts.
- Contribute to the overall creative strategy of the Center.
- Oversee Center website, including content updates, web analytics, and assistance in creative production.
- Create and design promotions and campaigns individualized to a diverse set of audiences (donors/shoppers/events/etc.) and spanning digital, radio, and print media.
- Support email marketing campaigns including building email templates consistent with brand identity.
- Ensure brand integrity and message clarity across multiple media platforms.
- Build donor/customer contacts and establish relationships with key vendors, donors, and customers.
- Available to be on site for all Center fundraising/community/outreach events, alongside the Director of Development and Executive Director.
- Collaborate with and meet the needs of other Department Managers to achieve the mission of the Center.
- Willing to perform other duties as required.
Skills to include:
- Proficiency in Photography
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Ability to proofread and edit
- Ability to work within deadlines
- Ability to manage projects to completion
- While preforming duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear.
- Standing, walking, and sitting are all requirements of the position.
- Occasionally the individual may be required to lift and/or move more than 10 lbs.
Candidates should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field, and experience in a Marketing/Public Relations role.
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Anticipated start date:
March 1st, 2019
Please email resume to Kristin Ells, HR/Admin Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. References should be made available upon request. No phone calls please.
The Jonnycake Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.