Come join a busy and growing social services department, ideal for students looking to gain experience in social services and learn about different programs and resources in Rhode Island.
- Support daily social service activities for a growing department that oversees multiple assistance programs and a food pantry
- Support activities of holiday programming, including Adopt-A-Family registration
- Assist the Director of Social Services with clerical and administrative needs, including organizing and planning
- Perform other duties as required
- Current college student (required)
- Interest in pursuing a social science as a career (preferred), such as social work, psychology, or sociology
- Experience in customer service and working with others (preferred)
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, does well in stressful situations
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume and cover letter detailing your interest in this position as well as your availability, to Sarah Cote, Social Services Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
We love to have fun and we’re confident you’ll be part of the fun when you’re on our team! We offer a collaborative team environment and discounts for all of our volunteers! If you’re interested in being an intern on our team, email us today!
Note: this is a volunteer position. Estimated time commitment: 10-15 hours per week for fall semester, with possibility for extension to spring.