Help your neighbors in need!
The Jonnycake Center of Westerly gratefully accepts donations of money, food, clothing, furniture and household items. Receipts for donated items are available upon request. All donations must be dropped off during the hours listed below. Items left when we are not open not only present a safety hazard for our neighbors, but also often need to be discarded after being exposed to the elements. Please help us keep our costs down and our neighbors happy by donating only during open hours.
We accept donations of items for the Thrift Store Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 9-3:30, Thursdays from 12-6:00, and Sundays 10-1:30. Please note: There are times when generous donations exceed available space in our receiving area. Therefore, we reserve the right to close our donation doors earlier than the hours shown above.
- Items must be in clean, salable condition. We do not have the staff to clean or repair broken or dirty merchandise. We reserve the right to refuse items that we cannot sell.
- Sometimes we may have to refuse items because we do not have space available to accept your donation. We will always refer you to nearby agencies that would be happy to receive your donation.
- We are unable to accept items that we do not think we can sell. Sometimes we have to decline items that are out of season or unlikely to find a buyer. While we appreciate every donation, we cannot afford to accept items that we will have to throw away. It would in the end, cost us money. We appreciate your understanding.
- We cannot give pre-approval over the phone for donated items. Final decisions will be made by Jonnycake representatives upon physical inspection. This includes items we pick up and items brought to our facility.
We cannot accept the following items:
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- TVs/ Hard Drives
- Large Appliances
- Sofa Beds/ Bunk Beds/ Cribs
- Car Seats/ High Chairs/ Pack N’Plays
- Halogen Lamps
- Electric Blankets
- Bed Pillows
- Construction/Demolition materials
Furniture donations can be made during store hours at our Donation Door in the back of our building. We are heavily staffed by volunteers to keep our overhead low and at times we not have the “muscle” to help unload large or heavy items. If you need help unloading your furniture, please call the store at 401.377.8069 ext. 2 ahead of your arrival to confirm that we have staff available to help you.
We inspect all furniture donations to confirm that items are in sellable condition. We cannot accept furniture that is broken, ripped, stained, torn, mildewed, or malodorous because we have no way to repair it.
Donations of large furniture items can be picked up by our truck from the towns of Westerly, Charlestown, Richmond, Hopkinton, Pawcatuck, Stonington, and Mystic (east side of the Mystic River). Please call our Scheduler at 401.377.8069 ext. 3 to schedule a pick up. Due to local generosity, we often have to schedule pick-ups 1-2 weeks in advance. Furniture pick-ups will be inspected to determine that they are sellable at the time of pick up. Unfortunately we have to refuse items that do not meet our donation requirements.
We cannot accept Mattresses and Box Springs, Pianos, Sofa Beds, Bunk Beds, Cribs or Large Appliances.