The Jonnycake Thrift Store is offering limited open donation hours, appointments for large item and furniture drop-offs, and appointments for furniture pick-ups from the Jonnycake truck.
We strongly encourage everyone to practice good social distancing precautions when visiting the Center, and we ask for your patience as we implement new policies to safeguard our staff, volunteers, and our building.
Donation Policy for No-Contact Donations
Before you begin the donation process, please familiarize yourself with the Thrift Store’s general requirements (available at jonnycake.org/donate) for what we can and cannot accept.
There are 3 easy ways to donate your goods to Jonnycake, helping us to fundraise for our Social Services & Food Pantry:
Drive ‘N Drop Open Donations
- Clothing, shoes, linens, and small household goods are accepted without an appointment on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays between 10am and 2pm.
- Large items or furniture must be donated by appointment only (see below for more).
- Please pre-sort and bag or box your donations by type (clothes, shoes, and linens together) or (small home goods) and place them into the labeled bins when you arrive.
- Face masks and social distancing are required while making your donation at Jonnycake.
Appointments for No-Contact Drop-Offs and Furniture Drop-Offs
- If you prefer to make an appointment to donate your item(s), please email ThriftDonations@jonnycake.org.
- Clothes, shoes, linens, and small household goods can be accepted via appointment.
- Donations of furniture or large household goods can only be accepted via appointment.
- Appointments are available Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays between 9am and 3pm.
- On Thursdays, appointments are available from 9am to 4:30pm.
- Please email ThriftDonations@jonnycake.org to request a time.
- When you arrive, please wear a face mask and observe social distancing.
Furniture Pick-Ups from the Jonnycake Truck
- Limited appointments are available.
- Please send a furniture description and pictures (if possible) to ThriftDonations@jonnycake.org to request a pick-up time.
- Jonnycake staff cannot enter your home. Please make your donated furniture available outside or in a common space.
- Only sellable-condition furniture (without rips, stains, claw marks, etc.) can be picked up via the Jonnycake truck. Please see above for how to donate household goods.
- Please never leave (“dump”) donations on our entryways after-hours. Doing so is a punishable offense due to the hazard it presents our staff and volunteers.
- All proceeds from Thrift sales directly support our Food Pantry and Social Services basic needs efforts.
- To practice social distancing, protect our staff, clients, and donors, there will be no contact during drop offs. This means that we cannot assist with unloading cars.
- Please check our list to see which items we can and cannot accept. It is more important than ever that we keep our costs in check so please adhere to our donation requirements to help us reduce waste.
- We will NOT be able to accept food donations on the Pantry’s behalf. All Food Donations must be arranged with the Pantry directly. Please email FoodDonations@jonnycake.org and use the subject line “Food donation” to reserve a food dropoff time.