Donation Policy for No-Contact Donations
Before you begin the donation process, please familiarize yourself with the Thrift Store’s general requirements (available at jonnycake.org/donate) for what we can and cannot accept.
There are 3 easy ways to donate your goods to Jonnycake, helping us to fundraise for our Social Services & Food Pantry.
Drive ‘N Drop Open Donations
- Clothes, small household goods. electronics, multimedia, artwork, supplies, and other treasures are accepted without an appointment on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays between 10am and 2pm.
- Do NOT dump items before or after the posted hours, or on Sundays. Doing so is a punishable offense due to the hazard it presents to our staff.
- Large items and furniture must be donated by appointment only (see below for more).
- Please remove hangers from clothing.
- Please pre-sort and bag or box your donations. Clothes/linens/shoes should be separated from housewares. When you arrive at the Jonnycake rear parking lot, you’ll see big yellow carts labeled for housewares and for clothes/linens/shoes.
- Due to space constraints, our staff may occasionally not be able to accept certain items that would normally be considered sellable. We regret any inconvenience caused.
Appointments for No-Contact Drop-Offs and Furniture Drop-Offs
- If you prefer to make an appointment to donate your item(s), please email [email protected].
- Donations of furniture or large household goods can only be accepted via appointment.
- Appointments are available Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays between 9am and 3pm.
- On Thursdays, appointments are available from 9am to 4:30pm.
- Please email [email protected] to request a time.
- When you arrive, ring the doorbell and wait for staff to inspect your furniture item(s) before you begin to unload.
Furniture Pick-Ups from the Jonnycake Truck
- Limited appointments are available.
- Please send a furniture description and pictures (if possible) to [email protected] to request a pick-up time.
- Jonnycake staff cannot enter your home or residence. Please make your donated furniture available outside, ideally protected from the elements.
- Only sellable-condition furniture (without rips, stains, claw marks, etc.) can be picked up via the Jonnycake truck. Please see above for how to donate household goods.
- Please never leave (“dump”) donations on our entryways after-hours. Doing so is a punishable offense due to the hazard it presents our staff and volunteers.
- All proceeds from Thrift sales directly support our Food Pantry and Social Services basic needs efforts.
- Please check our list to see which items we can and cannot accept. It is more important than ever that we keep our costs in check so please adhere to our donation requirements to help us reduce waste.