The Jonnycake Thrift Store is offering limited, pre-scheduled, no-contact donation drop off appointments.
As you are donating to an essential organization, you will not be violating any Stay At Home regulations. We strongly encourage everyone to practice good social distancing precautions when visiting the Center. If possible, we suggest that you wait until the crisis is over to make your donations. However, if your need is more immediate, we recommend that you book a donation appointment at a time when you are already planning to be out of the house for essential services.
Donation Policy for Donors for No-Contact Donations
- Email email@example.com to reserve a 20 minute donation slot. Available time slots are Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, beginning at 9am and ending at 1pm.
- Pre-approved furniture donations will be scheduled for Tuesday mornings. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, a description of the furniture you’d like to donate, and a photo. Staff will confirm via email if we can accept the donation, and if so, to arrange the dropoff.
- Provide your name in the email, as well a brief description of what you are planning on donating (e.g. dishes, sheets, men’s clothes, etc.) and your desired drop-off time and we will respond within 24 hours, Monday through Friday, to confirm or adjust your appointment. We cannot accept same-day donation requests at this time.
- Arrive at the beginning of your allotted time.
- Empty your CLEAN, dry, unbroken, complete, salable items into provided tubs outside the Center.
- If you have questions or need a receipt, please ring the bell and then step back to the bottom of the steps and someone will be with you in a moment.
- When you have completed your donation, please ring the bell to let us know you are done and then exit so the next donor can drop-off safely.
- To practice social distancing, protect our staff, clients, and donors, there will be no contact during drop offs. This means that we cannot assist with unloading cars.
- Please check our list to see which items we can and cannot accept. It is more important than ever that we keep our costs in check so please adhere to our donation requirements to help us reduce waste.
- At this time we CANNOT accept TOYS. Please know that out of an abundance of caution, the Pantry continues to refrain from personal donations at this time. We will NOT be able to accept food donations on the Pantry’s behalf.