The Jonnycake Thrift Store is offering limited, pre-scheduled, no-contact donation drop off appointments.
We strongly encourage everyone to practice good social distancing precautions when visiting the Center, and we ask for your patience as we implement new policies to safeguard our staff, volunteers, and our building.
Donation Policy for No-Contact Donations
- Before you begin the donation process, please familiarize yourself with the Thrift Store’s general requirements (available at jonnycake.org/donate) for what we can and cannot accept.
- Email ThriftDonations@jonnycake.org to reserve a 15 minute donation slot. Available time slots are:
- Mondays: 9am to 3pm (Clothing and household goods only – no furniture at this time.)
- Tuesdays: 11am to 3pm
- Wednesdays: 9am to 1pm
- Thursdays: 11am to 3pm
- Fridays: 9am to 1pm
- Saturdays: 9am to 1pm
- Pre-approved furniture donations will be scheduled for Tuesday mornings, Thursday mornings, and Saturday afternoons.
- Email ThriftDonations@jonnycake.org with your name, a description of the furniture you’d like to donate, and a photo. Staff will confirm via email if we can accept the donation, and if so, to arrange the dropoff.
- Limited appointments are available for furniture pickups via the Jonnycake truck. Please email ThriftDonations@jonnycake.org and use the subject line “Furniture pickup” to request a timeslot.
- At this time, staff are not entering homes for furniture pickups. All furniture for the truck must be made available outside your residence.
- Provide your name in the email, as well a brief description of what you are planning on donating (e.g. dishes, sheets, men’s clothes, etc.) and your desired drop-off time. We will respond to emails in the order that they are received to confirm or adjust your appointment. We cannot accept same-day donation requests at this time.
- Arrive at the beginning of your allotted time.
- Empty your CLEAN, dry, unbroken, complete, salable items into provided tubs outside the Center.
- If you have questions or need a receipt, please ring the bell and then step back to the bottom of the steps and someone will be with you in a moment.
- When you have completed your donation, please ring the bell to let us know you are done and then exit so the next donor can drop-off safely.
- Clothing donations are accepted without an appointment on a limited basis on Wednesdays and Fridays between 1:30pm and 3:00pm.
- Only clothing can be accepted without an appointment at this time. All furniture, housewares, multimedia, etc. must be donated at a pre-scheduled time. Email ThriftDonations@jonnycake.org.
- Please drop clothes into one of the bins provided. Face masks and social distancing etiquette are required while you make your donation.
- To practice social distancing, protect our staff, clients, and donors, there will be no contact during drop offs. This means that we cannot assist with unloading cars.
- Please check our list to see which items we can and cannot accept. It is more important than ever that we keep our costs in check so please adhere to our donation requirements to help us reduce waste.
- At this time we CANNOT accept TOYS.
- We will NOT be able to accept food donations on the Pantry’s behalf. All Food Donations must be arranged with the Pantry directly. Please email FoodDonations@jonnycake.org and use the subject line “Food donation” to reserve a food dropoff time.