The Jonnycake Center of Westerly provides social services to assist people through crisis situations, out of dependency & towards self-sufficiency.
Your support allows us to develop programs, add services, and help those with the greatest need in our community.
We offer food, clothing, household goods & emergency financial assistance to clients who require help with basic needs.
- If you have questions, or if are in need of food supplies for the first time, please call (401) 377-8069 and select Option 1.
- Food Donations are now accepted without an appointment on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays between 12pm and 3pm. Fresh produce and non-perishables are especially sought! Look for the big blue barrels outside the Food Pantry.
- The Pantry welcomes clients to its Power Pack program, which provides healthy breakfasts and lunches for school-age children for the weekends, plus extra during school breaks. Please contact Jonnycake Social Services at the info above to register. Registration is open and ongoing during the academic year.
- If you are new to our services, or are in need of financial assistance, please contact Maggie Pinto at SocialServices@jonnycake.org or call (401) 377-8069, option 1.
- Clients arriving for the Food Pantry or for Power Pack meals, or receiving Vouchers for the Thrift Store, can visit the Social Services office during open hours for assistance.
- The Social Services office is currently open Monday afternoons (12pm to 3pm) and on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays (9am to 12pm). Social Services and the Pantry are also open Thursdays from 3pm to 6pm.
- Last entry to the food pantry and social services is 15 minutes prior to the pantry/social services closing and the doors will remain locked after this point.
- Clients: contact the Social Services office to receive a no-cost toy or present in time for your school-age child’s birthday! (Program valid while supplies last).
Store Hours: The last store entry will be 30 minutes before the posted closing time daily.
Senior Shopping Mondays: 9am to 11am
- Mondays: 11am to 4pm
- Tuesdays: 9am to 4pm
- Wednesdays: 9am to 4pm
- Thursdays: 9am to 6pm – open late!
- Fridays: 9am to 4pm
- Saturdays: 9am to 4pm
- Sundays: 10am to 2pm
- We suggest shoppers park in the public parking lot across Industrial Drive from Jonnycake. Shoppers are not allowed to enter or exit through our donation processing area.
- A limited number of shoppers are allowed in the Jonnycake Center of Westerly’s Thrift Store at one time. If the store is full, arriving shoppers will be asked to wait outside.
- Follow the Jonnycake Facebook page to see daily discounts, surprise sales, and early access to certain treasures.
Monday through Saturday between 10am and 2pm.
- Drive ‘N Drop Open Donations
- Clothes, electronics, artwork, supplies, and small household goods are accepted without an appointment.
- Large items or furniture must be donated by appointment only (see below for more).
- Please remove hangers from clothing.
- Please pre-sort and bag or box your donations. When you arrive at the Jonnycake rear parking lot, you’ll see big yellow carts labeled for clothes or household goods.
- Please never leave (“dump”) donations on our entryways after-hours. Doing so is a punishable offense due to the hazard it presents our staff and volunteers.
- Appointments for No-Contact Drop-Offs and Furniture Drop-Offs
- If you prefer to make an appointment to donate your item(s), please email ThriftDonations@jonnycake.org.
- Donations of furniture or large household goods can only be accepted via appointment.
- Appointments are available Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays between 9am and 3pm.
- On Thursdays, appointments are available from 9am to 4:30pm.
- When you arrive, please ring the doorbell and wait for staff to inspect your furniture item(s) before you unload.
Furniture Pick-Ups from the Jonnycake Truck
- If you have large furniture to donate, please send a description and pictures (if possible) to ThriftDonations@jonnycake.org to request a pick-up time.
- Jonnycake staff cannot enter your home or residence. Please make your donated furniture available outside, or in a garage or patio, ideally protected from the elements.
- Only sellable-condition furniture (without rips, stains, claw marks, etc.) can be picked up via the Jonnycake truck.
- Due to space constraints, our staff cannot accept certain items that would normally be considered sellable. We regret any inconvenience caused.
- Limited appointments are available.
Are you looking for an opportunity to help your community and assist those in need while joining a team of amazing people?
The Jonnycake Center has a variety of volunteer opportunities for individual and group volunteers from teenagers to seniors, including:
- High school students completing their volunteer graduation requirement.
- Some individuals needing court-ordered community service.
- Volunteers with special needs.
We have many volunteers who donate thousands of hours in support of Jonnycake programs. We could never provide the extensive support to the Westerly-Chariho community without our dedicated and hardworking volunteers.
Help us make a difference!
Call or email today and find how you can help. Our Volunteer Coordinators Adrienne and Jamie would love to talk with you and can be reached at (401) 377-8069 x 114 or by email at email@example.com.
- To stay up to date with our upcoming events, visit our website often and make sure you follow us on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- To collaborate with Jonnycake on a fundraising event, please contact us today! Email Emma in our Communications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (401) 377-8069, or visit us during operating hours.
- Click here to make a secure donation via the Jonnycake website.
- We extend our heartfelt thanks to every person who has financially supported Jonnycake. Your contributions have enabled us to keep feeding families in need and providing critical basic needs services.
- Browse the latest news on our website to find announcements of some of the wonderful support received from community partners and foundations.
- A limited amount of backpacks and school supplies, and hygiene essentials, are available for local families who could benefit.
- Please contact Jonnycake Social Services to learn more.
- No previous client experience necessary!
- Thanks to Wood River Health Services, Back to School Celebration of Rhode Island, Opening Doors for Westerly’s Children, and Washington Trust for helping make school supplies available.
WEATHER-RELATED AUTOMATED ALERTS:
You can now sign up to receive text messages and email alerts for when our facility is closed! There is no cost to participate, but carrier fees may apply.
- Visit the following link to the RI Broadcasters Association on your browser or smart device: https://my.textcaster.com/asa/Default.aspx?ID=6d6b22e1-242f-46b3-ae4f-e01582e9a14c.
- Enter your NAME and ZIP CODE.
- Select if you want to receive messages through text, email, or both.
- Scroll far down to section 11: Businesses.
- Select “Jonnycake Center Thrift Store.”
- If you previously signed up for a school, daycare, healthcare, or other business alert, you must select those again.
- Select that you are not a robot and then enter the confirmation code that was automatically texted/emailed to you.
You should be set at this point to receive advisories about weather-related closures!
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe at any time.