Programming is currently modified for the safety of our clients, shoppers, volunteers, and staff.
- The Food Pantry is operating on a modified service model. If you are in need of food supplies, please call (401) 377-8069.
- Food Donations are accepted by pre-scheduled appointment. Please email FoodDonations@jonnycake.org to reserve a dropoff time.
- SPLASH (Summer Program Looking to Alleviate Student Hunger) weekly meal packs are available for school-age kids in need. Please call Social Services at (401) 377-8069 and select Option 1, or email Sarah Cote, Social Services Program Director, at email@example.com to learn more and sign up.
- Grab and Go meal kits (breakfast and lunch) for students are available in the public parking lot across from the Jonnycake Center of Westerly from 12-1pm Mondays-Fridays. No ID is necessary to receive supplies.
- The Social Services office continues to be available to serve community members in need. Most services are offered remotely, but some on-site services are temporarily suspended. A staff person is available via phone during all open hours to provide resources or answer questions at (401) 377-8069, Option 1.
- Clients arriving for the Food Pantry or SPLASH check-ins, or receiving Vouchers for the Thrift Store, can visit the Social Services office during open hours for assistance.
- If you are new to our services, or are in need of financial assistance, please contact Sarah Cote, Social Services Program Director, at (401) 377-8069 #110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To protect the Food Pantry and the safety of shoppers, volunteers, and staff, new Thrift Store shopping policies are in place.
- Store hours are: Tuesdays (11am to 4pm), Wednesdays (12pm to 4pm), Thursdays (9am to 4pm), Fridays (12pm to 4pm), and Saturdays (9am to 4pm). Senior shopping hours are on Tuesday mornings (9am to 11am). The last store entry will be at 3:30pm daily.
- With the likelihood of lines outside our building, and to avoid confusion in exiting, we suggest shoppers park in the public parking lot across Industrial Drive from Jonnycake. Shoppers are not allowed to enter or exit through our donation processing area.
- A limited number of shoppers will be allowed in the Jonnycake Center of Westerly’s Thrift Store at one time. This number includes children and everyone in your party. We request that shopping trips are made solo, or with only one other person. If the store is full, arriving shoppers will be asked to wait outside.
- To gain entry to our building, everybody must wear a mask or CDC-recommended facial covering. Additionally, Jonnycake staff will greet you at the door to take your forehead temperature and ask a few questions about your recent health and risk factors. Answering these questions is essential to protecting our on-site Food Pantry, as well as the health of fellow shoppers, volunteers, and Jonnycake staff.
- Please follow the one-way arrows in our aisles and maintain 6-foot social distancing spacing when shopping.
- Thrift Donations will temporarily remain available by appointment only. To schedule a donation, please email email@example.com.
- Furniture is accepted for pickup on a very limited basis from the Jonnycake delivery truck. To schedule an appointment, email ThriftDonations@jonnycake.org with the subject line “Furniture pickup.”
- We are following all mandates to keep our store sufficiently staffed and thoroughly sanitized.
- We appreciate your patience during this time. Our new Thrift policies have been put in place out of an abundance of caution to protect everybody in our building and to safeguard our Food Pantry. Shoppers who do not follow our guidelines may be asked to leave and return another time.
- All Thrift proceeds directly support our Food Pantry and Social Services basic needs efforts.
- Some Thrift donations are being accepted via a pre-scheduling system with no-contact curbside dropoff. Please inquire for dropoff availability. Same-day dropoffs will not be allowed at this time.
- Unscheduled dropoffs are temporarily suspended.
- To be added to the volunteering interest list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers, both current and new, will be contacted for opportunities as soon as possible.
FURNITURE DELIVERIES & PICKUPS:
- Furniture deliveries are temporarily suspended.
- Furniture donations are accepted for pickup on a very limited basis from the Jonnycake delivery truck. To schedule an appointment, email ThriftDonations@jonnycake.org with the subject line “Furniture pickup.”
- All donated furniture for the Jonnycake truck must be placed outside your residence, as staff are refraining from entering domiciles. We regret any inconvenience caused.