Social Services & Food Pantry:
Phone Number: (401) 377-8069, option 1.
Mondays 12 – 3
Tuesdays 9 – 12
Wednesdays 9 – 12
Thursdays 9 – 12 & 3 – 6
Fridays 9 – 12
Saturdays 9 – 12
Last entry to the food pantry and social services is 15 minutes before closing
We provide basic needs to support our mission, including:
- Food Pantry for a full week of food, every 30 days
- Programs for children (Food, School Supplies, & Birthday Vouchers)
- Financial Assistance for crisis situations, including housing, utilities, heating, medical assistance and education.
- Clothing, Household, and Furniture Vouchers for our Thrift Store
- Holiday and Adopt-A-Family programs
- On-site services such as 211 United Way, SNAP Outreach, and RI Energy Resources.
Am I eligible for services?
In order to be eligible for services at the Jonnycake Center:
- You must be a resident of either Westerly, Charlestown, Richmond or Hopkinton, Rhode Island. A copy of your lease or utility bill must be provided to prove residence.
- You must provide proof of income with current documentation. This includes pay stubs; Social Security award letters; unemployment, bank statements; proof of child support payments.
- We also require a current state-issued photo ID or passport. Military Ids, prison Ids, temporary Ids, and birth certificates will also be accepted in lieu of a state photo-ID.
For more detailed Services information, please call the office or click on the tabs below.