Help your neighbors in need!
The Jonnycake Center of Westerly gratefully accepts donations of money, food, clothing, furniture and household items. Receipts for donated items are available upon request. All donations must be dropped off during the hours listed below. Items left when we are not open not only present a safety hazard for our neighbors, but usually need to be discarded after being exposed to the elements. Please help us keep our costs down and our neighbors happy by donating only during a pre-approved appointment time.
Before you make your donation, please review our general Thrift donation requirements.
- Items must be in clean, salable condition. We do not have the staff to clean or repair broken or dirty merchandise. We reserve the right to refuse items that we cannot sell.
- Sometimes we may have to refuse items because we do not have space available to accept your donation. We will always refer you to nearby agencies that would be happy to receive your donation.
- We are unable to accept items that we do not think we can sell. Sometimes we have to decline items that are out of season or unlikely to find a buyer. While we appreciate every donation, we cannot afford to accept items that we will have to throw away. It would in the end, cost us money. We appreciate your understanding.
- We cannot give pre-approval over the phone for donated items. Final decisions will be made by Jonnycake representatives upon physical inspection. This includes items we pick up and items brought to our facility.
We cannot accept the following items:
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- TVs/ Hard Drives
- Large Appliances
- Sofa Beds/ Bunk Beds/ Cribs
- Car Seats/ High Chairs/ Pack N’Plays
- Halogen Lamps
- Electric Blankets
- Bed Pillows
- VHS tapes
- Construction/Demolition materials
Pre-approved furniture donations are allowed via our pre-scheduling system – all furniture must be donated by appointment only. Note that out of an abundance of caution, Jonnycake staff may not be able to assist with unloading donated furniture from your vehicle. We regret any inconvenience.
We inspect all furniture donations to confirm that items are in sellable condition. We cannot accept furniture that is broken, ripped, stained, torn, mildewed, or malodorous because we have no way to repair it.
Donations of large furniture items can be picked up by our truck from the towns of Westerly, Charlestown, Richmond, Hopkinton, Pawcatuck, Stonington, and Mystic (east side of the Mystic River). Appointment availability is very limited – please email [email protected] with the subject line “Furniture pickup” to reserve a time.
Donated furniture for the truck must be made available outside your place of residence as staff cannot enter. Furniture pickups will be inspected to determine that they are sellable at the time of pick up. Unfortunately we have to refuse items that do not meet our donation requirements.
We cannot accept Mattresses and Box Springs, Pianos, Sofa Beds, Bunk Beds, Cribs or Large Appliances.