The Jonnycake Center of Westerly seeks a dynamic and well-rounded Social Media Intern to join our team for fall 2021!
High school and college-age students with an interest in photography, marketing, retail, and non-profit social work are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note that this position requires the candidate’s physical presence for 3-10 hours per week. While some work can be performed remotely, the nature of this position requires hands-on involvement on-site.
Description of work to be performed:
- Photograph products from our Thrift Store in an engaging, attractive manner and work with the Marketing Manager to reach our digital audience (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, email blasts).
- Use creative and trendy styles to help capture our products in an eye-catching and appealing manner for social media posts.
- Photograph the Jonnycake facility, including staff, volunteers, and community members, as well as community events (when scheduled).
- Check out our Facebook (Facebook.com/JonnycakeCenterWesterly) and Instagram (instagram.com/thejonnycakecenter) pages to learn what we do and how we promote it.
- Use Canva to add text and graphics to create daily posts to advertise store specials.
- Use the Jonnycake Center of Westerly’s existing templates as part of the branding for Facebook posts.
- Use other apps for Facebook or Instagram to help promote our operations and inform our audience.
- Prior experience with graphic design is a big plus!
Social Media Content/Eblast Content:
- Write funny and engaging posts on a variety of related topics (see our Facebook page) targeting the Jonnycake Center of Westerly’s online demographic.
- Use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation at all times.
- Adept at writing to target audiences.
- Work closely with staff in showcasing our work and community initiatives.
- Provide insight and feedback on how the Jonnycake Center can improve processes, engagement, or overall business.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is flexible, with duties assigned based on the candidate’s experience and enthusiasm. We love to have fun and we’re confident you’ll be part of the fun when you’re on our team!
We offer a flexible schedule, a relaxed, collaborative team environment, and discounts for all our volunteers!
If you’re interested in being an intern on our team, email us today!
*Please note: this is a volunteer, unpaid position.
Please email a current resume and cover letter to Michael Manfred, Social Media & Marketing Manager, at mmanfred@Jonnycake.org.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.