The Jonnycake Center is looking for a customer service-oriented team player for a part-time permanent position (Saturday only to start) as Merchandise Receiver/Furniture Mover. Additional hours are possible, especially as we approach the summer.
Tasks will include moving furniture, receiving goods, sweeping, taking out the trash, general maintenance, and assisting other employees, donors, volunteers and customers.
– Ability to communicate with staff, donors, and customers in a professional and courteous manner
– Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a shift
– Ability to lift heavy loads (50 pounds) repeatedly over the course of the day, at times carrying up and down stairs
– Ability to lift up to 100 pounds on occasion
– Ability to work outdoors in all conditions for short time periods
– Ability to work as part of a team
– Ability to remain flexible and positive in a rapidly-changing environment
– History of reliability
– Ability to wear a face mask throughout a shift
– Smart decision-making skills
– Sense of humor
– Not afraid of hard work
– Able to pass a background check
– Ability to wear a mask throughout a shift
– High School Diploma or GED
– Store discount
– Paid time off
– Flexible scheduling
– Life insurance
– Holiday bonus plan
Please email resume to Kristin Ells, Admin/HR Manager, at [email protected]. References should be made available upon request. No phone calls please.
The Jonnycake Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.