The Jonnycake Center of Westerly seeks a dynamic and well-rounded Social Media Intern to join our team! High school and college-age students with an interest in photography, marketing, retail, and non-profit social work are strongly encouraged to apply.
Description of work to be performed:
– Photograph products from our Thrift Store in an engaging, attractive manner and work with the Marketing Manager to reach our digital audience (FB, IG, email blasts).
– Use creative and trendy styles to help capture our products in an eye-catching and appealing manner for social media posts.
– Photograph the Jonnycake facility and community events featuring staff, volunteers, and community members.
– Check out our Facebook (Facebook.com/JonnycakeCenterWesterly) and Instagram (instagram.com/thejonnycakecenter) pages to learn what we do and how we promote it.
– Use Canva to add text and graphics to create daily posts to advertise store specials.
– Use the Jonnycake Center of Westerly’s existing templates as part of the branding for Facebook posts.
– Use other apps for Facebook or Instagram to help promote or inform our audience.
– Write funny and engaging posts on a variety of related topics (see our Facebook page) targeting the Jonnycake Center of Westerly’s online demographic.
– Use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation at all times.
– Adept at writing to target audiences.
– Work closely with staff in capturing community events and showcasing our work with business partners, etc. to share through email or social media channels.
– Provide insight and feedback on how the Jonnycake Center can improve processes, engagement, or overall business.
– Other duties as assigned.
We love to have fun and we’re confident you’ll be part of the fun when you’re on our team!
We offer a flexible schedule, a relaxed, collaborative team environment, and discounts for all our volunteers!
If you’re interested in being an intern on our team, email us today!
Please note: this is a volunteer, unpaid position.
Please email a cover letter and current resume to Matt Levy, Social Media & Marketing Manager, at MLevy@Jonnycake.org.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.