June 20, 2016
Dear Friend of the Jonnycake,
For over forty years the Jonnycake Center has remained true to its mission to meet the basic human needs of our most vulnerable neighbors. Today, as we look forward to our next forty years, we continue to develop new programs and services to suit the changing needs of our clients.
Rebecca came to the Jonnycake Center seeking assistance with her electric bill. She recently had to leave her home and her spouse due to an abusive situation. Rebecca, who is only employed part-time, found herself in an apartment with a bill she could not afford and her electricity supplier threatening to cut off service.
Jonnycake signed Rebecca up as a new client, was able to supply her with a food voucher and a referral to other agencies. Rebecca also met with Jonnycake Center’s Education Coordinator and was able to get into the Real Jobs Program where she spent six weeks improving her computer skills and soft skills. Rebecca was recently offered a full-time position with a new employer through the program.
Because of your support, the Center continues to provide services to clients in the towns of Westerly, Hopkinton, Charlestown and Richmond, who so desperately need it. Your gift truly makes a difference.
During this last year, the Jonnycake Center has:
– Conducted over 7,000 client visits, serving over 2,400 individuals
– Distributed over 230,000 pounds of food (over 195,000 total meals)
– Allocated over $100,000 of financial assistance to clients who require
housing support, and heating and utilities assistance
– Ensured 430 households received a Thanksgiving and Christmas meal
– Provided nearly 500 families with the gifts they require to have a
– Offered educational opportunities through the Real Jobs RI initiative
Our fiscal year ends on June 30th. Please consider donating – your tax-deductible gift will help us to reach our yearly fundraising goal.
Director of Development